Friday, February 24, 2012

May our Ven. Sangharakkhita Mahathero attain the Nibbana

        My Condolence





I am deeply shocked on the both novice (samanera) as well as higher ordination (upsampada) preceptor (upajjhaya), Maitri’r Pradip, Most venerable Sangha Rakkhita Mahathera. The news of his passing away came to me like a bolt from the blue my words fail to console the villager of Bathua, Patiya, Chittagong. He was quite a devoted and pious practitioner of Buddhist pragmatic philosophy of the Enlightened One, the Buddha. He acquired proper training in theoretical (pariyatti) and practical (patipatti) knowledge of Buddhist teaching preserved in traditional Theravada Buddhist countries such as Burma, Srilanka, Thailand and so on. He was also appointed as a secretary of Maha Bodhi Society, Calcutta from 1987 - 1989. 

He sacrificed all his lap of luxuries, comfort, and mundane attachment for a spiritual perfection (parami) as he was said to have strong determination (aditthana) to be a “Sammasambuddha”. So his life was beyond worldly passion and limitation. Not only me but also the Buddhist community of Bangladesh has suffered an irreparable loss of a practical Buddhist figure. I convey my profound reverence to such an outstanding personality. I wholeheartedly seek the divine blessing of compassionate Buddha for the strength to bear the loss. Finally I would like to pay heartfelt utmost homage to you and seek forgiveness for any kinds of wrongdoing to you knowingly and unknowingly.

May your blessings ever shower on me.

By:
Dhamma Rakkhita Bhikkhu
Student of MCU
Bangkok, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment